It’s early. 6:30a on a Saturday morning that I could have slept in but didn’t because….well….because. Coffee’s not done, house is quiet. I can’t seem to quit thinking so I am going to at least get something out of these racing thoughts while the coffee brews and I have to get this day started.
Things I don’t like:
- Being awake on a Saturday morning when all the conditions are PERFECT for sleeping in.
- Getting a new start only to be anchored down by the old way.
- A quiet house, a dark-chilly morning, cozy covers and NOT being able to sleep.
- Having GREAT ideas but not having the time to implement them or having the time only to be out of great and creative ideas.
- A compliment that later has you wondering…was that REALLY a good thing?
- Second-third-fourth and fifth guessing that first decision.
- Bullying in all it’s forms. Adults are not immune.
- Being bogged down in not-so-fun-stuff and literally NOT having a moment to do the lighter-fun-more rewarding things.
- Knowing that I am not good at the things that matter everyday and thinking that the things I am good out are only menial and that others do them way better.
- Knowing you need to be creative but getting ZIP, nada, zero ideas.
- Spending the time you are not doing something thinking about time you have to be doing it.
- Being comfortable enough with a person to barge in and say, “I need a minute”.
- Un-necessary drama. Drama for drama’s sake. Posturing.
Things I like:
- Being a little sore from exercising.
- Friends who give a damn and who gather the forces when one of the troops needs a boost.
- Working a Plan.
- Having a friend see a positive out of a negative and knowing that they did the right thing.
- My daughters little voice. My daughters answer of GRREEAATTT when she’s in a positive mood and my son’s 1/2 smile that is just for me.
- Helping. When I can do a little something that does something for someone else it makes me happy.
- Sitting outside at a restaurant when it’s warm and feeling yourself relax.
- When something unexpected makes you laugh.
- Birds. Cute little happy caricatures of birds.