Weigh In day.
I’ve got to be honest…it’s a little bit exciting. My expectations are GREAT. My results…eh…not so much.
I can honestly say that I am working this plan. I am not ‘forgetting’ to log food, I am not cheating, I am truly embracing the concept. I ‘weigh’ my options. I make adjustments. Pizza night? I conserve points during the day. Birthday lunch? I eat it-in smaller portions then pre-WW and then make my adjustments that evening. “No thank you, “say I to the lovely white rice, “I’ll have this homemade salsa instead.” Because as much as I love, love, love white rice and pasta eating ¼ cup for 5 points is just enough to make me fighting mad. I’d rather just not have any. So I am really and truly doing this.
Last night was the first night I exceeded my “points” for the day. My portion size was the culprit. My overage? 3 points.
And then I hit the weigh in.
Eagerly I bounce up on the scale. Yes. Eagerly. The digital numbers roll and change and I am expecting them to stop but they don’t. Up. Up. Up.
1 pound. I’ve lost 1 pound. My whopping total to date: 3 pounds.
I need help here. Does anyone have advice on what I am not doing right?
Has anyone else been in this situation? I knew to expect a plateau—but not in the FIRST 2 WEEKS. I thought that would come closer to my target weigh. A weight that I thought was obtainable, realistic and sensible. It’s not looking so obtainable, sensible and realistic now.
Pause. Deep breath. Make that 2 deep breaths. Sigh.
I will not quit. I will not. I have to believe with a few tweaks I can make this thing work.
Staying true to my new goal of finding the positive in everything I will say this:
- I am eating better than ever before-veggies and fruits are now main components of my meals. That’s totally new for me.
- I feel skinnier. I know that sounds stupid but I do.
- I am wearing a dress that I love that I wouldn’t wear before now. It’s not quite the fit I want but it’s on and I have to believe that is a start.
- 1 pound=3500 calories. Proof of my efforts I suppose.
- There is some room for maneuvering. Truth be told, I haven’t done as much activity as I would like. Second truth, I’ve gotten closer to using all my points but I don’t know that the Weight Watchers ice cream was the way to go for that last 3 points.
- I am not just sitting complaining about a problem…I am working toward a solution.
Back to counting points.